ABOUT BCi ART
Introducing Denise Lamby
Sunshine Coast based Artist, Photographer and Author
Patterns in nature, repetition, texture and colour inform my art practice and feature predominantly in my creative outcomes.
Fine detail, intricate design and labour intensive methods have seen my art practice morph from ceramics and printmaking, to fine line drawing, construction and mixed media including decorative cut steel. Working across both two and three-dimensional mediums offers a magnificent scope to create for wearable catwalk display, indoor and outdoor ephemeral & permanent installations as well as traditional gallery exhibitions.
As an Artist I engage with my local community, facilitate workshops, community art projects and exhibitions to ultimately share my passion, skills and love for all things creative. Studio tours available by appointment
- 2020 Paper On Skin Tasmania – Encouragement Award
- 2019 Immanuel Arts Festival – Best Sculpture
- 2017 Immanuel Arts Festival – Best Sculpture
- 2016 Immanuel Arts Festival – Highly Commended Sculpture
- 2020 AboutFace Artisan
- 2019 Sculpture On The Edge
- 2019 Clayton Utz Art Award
- 2019 Australian Wearable Art Festival
- 2019 Lethbridge 20000 Small Scale Art Prize
- 2017 Brisbane Art Prize
- Local & International private collections
- Masking Shortages’ – Queensland State Library
FINE DETAIL, INTRICATE DESIGNS
From pen on paper to installation artwork there are not many mediums or techniques I have not explored, studied or experimented with. I have a passion for fine detail and intricate designs. When I’m not refashioning discarded items you will find me drawing. Whatever the medium or material my mission is to suprise and inspire the viewer.
THE BCI BOOKS
If you’ve ever said ‘I’m not creative’ this book is for you. I wrote Beyond Colouring-in to help dispel the myths we grow up with. I hope to empower the reader to find their creative energy and complete their very own artworks worthly of framing.
I hope you enjoy it, as much as I enjoyed creating them for you.
My art practice is eclectic and ever changing, primarily responding to the environment and materials as they present themselves for recreation and upcycling. My intricate line drawings have been reimagined and grace the walls as prints and decorative steel sculptures. Completed work and commissions have featured in gallery exhibitions and runway fashion shows all over Australia.
- 2020 Burnie Regional Arts Gallery, Tasmania, Australia
- 2020 Artisan Gallery, Brisbane, Australia
- 2019 Immanuel Arts Festival, Buderim, Australia
- 2019 Lethbridge Gallery, Brisbane, Australia
- 2019 Australian Wearable Art, Sunshine Coast, Australia
- 2019 Clayton Utz Corporate officers, Brisbane, Australia
- 2019 Sculpture on the edge, Sunshine Coast, Australia
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
I have the most fun when sharing my creative passion with others. From one off workshops to week long submersive collaborations why not install an artist in residence into your workplace, school, next corporate event or trade show.